If your teen wants to improve their smile but doesn’t want traditional metal braces, Invisalign aligners are a great option. Many teenagers opt for Invisalign Teen treatment because it’s discreet and works well with their lifestyle. They can play sports without having to worry about braces and eat normally without making diet changes.
Unlike traditional braces that use wires and brackets, Invisalign Teen is the “invisible” way to straighten teeth, using a series of clear, smooth, comfortable plastic aligners that you wear for at least 22 hours every day. The custom-made aligners gradually straighten the teeth into their optimal position.
Benefits of both Invisalign and Invisalign Teen include:
- Easy dental hygiene – since the aligners are removable, you can brush and floss as you normally would.
- They’re discreet – the clear plastic fits smoothly onto your teeth, making them virtually invisible. Your friends will only notice your smile – not your orthodontic treatment!
- They can be removed for brief periods – school picture day? Feel free to remove your aligners and take the perfect shot for the yearbook!
- No diet restrictions – want to have popcorn at the movies? No problem! Simply remove your aligners while eating.
- Fewer doctor visits – life gets busy with school, homework, sports, chores, etc. Having fewer doctor visits means Invisalign Teen fits easily in your lifestyle.
Invisalign and Invisalign Teen may have the same amazing benefits, but there are several differences that make Invisalign Teen the more suitable option for adolescents, including:
- Extra space for growing teeth – Invisalign Teen accommodates new molars that may begin erupting during treatment, and can guide the new teeth into position.
- Features for moving roots – Invisalign Teen works well for adolescents because they can help guide moving roots into place in order to correct alignment issues.
- Indicators to ensure proper usage – a huge benefit of Invisalign Teen is that it can be removed briefly. But it can be hard to tell if the patient is wearing it often enough. The blue indicator dots on the aligners let the patient, parents and orthodontist know if the aligners have been on the teeth long enough.
- Six free replacements – accidents happen! If your teen loses or breaks an aligner, Invisalign Teen provides six free replacement aligners. On top of that, Molen Orthodontics also offers a retainer guarantee to ensure your smile stays beautiful forever.
Molen Orthodontics will customize your teenager’s Invisalign Teen treatment program to create a wide and spectacular smile that fits in perfectly with your child’s individual facial features—no headgear, no removing teeth and no compromising facial esthetics!
Invisalign Teen can help your teen get a wide, dazzling smile!