Spark A Smile
Gift a Smile
What is Spark A Smile?
Spark A Smile and was launched out of a desire to provide worthy individuals the opportunity to get the orthodontic assistance that they need. As we know, a healthy mouth can have numerous physical and emotional benefits, so Spark A Smile was established to be able to provide much needed orthodontic care to individuals with financial or other unique challenges who might not otherwise be able to undergo the treatment.
Molen Orthodontics is proud to offer the Spark A Smile Scholarship which provides scholarships for orthodontic care to children who would not otherwise be able to access treatment. Spark A Smile is represented by its own Board of Directors who have the pleasure of being able to select which patients are granted scholarships.
Help change someones life,
Below you’ll find the requirements to apply for Spark a Smile.
The mission is to change The
lives of children in our community
self-confidence & inspiring hope,
one beautiful wide smile at a time
The orthodontists at Molen Orthodontics are proud to be an active part of their community, and have been for over 48 years. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional orthodontic care to our patients in our fun, state-of-the-art facilities. We are passionate about our profession and are well known for our outstanding customer service, and for giving each of our patients a wide, healthy, natural looking smile that they’ll be able to enjoy for a lifetime. Giving back to the community is a big part of our team culture, and one of the many reasons we created Spark a Smile. We look forward to giving the gift of a smile to some very deserving young people.
change your child’s life
The applicant must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum 2.0 GPA)
Pay it Forward
Applicants must be willing to "Pay it Forward" by completing 40 hours of community service hours during their treatment time.
Residency in Chapter
The applicant must be a resident of Auburn, Enumclaw, Sumner, Buckley, Orting, Bonney Lake, or the surrounding areas.
Please note that your application, will not be returned to you and will become the property of the Spark a Smile foundation.
To be considered for a scholarship applicants must:
- The applicant must be a resident of Auburn, Enumclaw, Sumner, Buckley, Orting, Bonney Lake or surrounding areas.
- Must be willing during the treatment period to “Pay it Forward” by completing 40 hours of community service.
- Must have a significant aesthetic need for braces
- Family income must not exceed 185% of the poverty threshold (qualify for free school lunch program)
- Must be between 9 and 17 years old
- Must be a currently enrolled student and performing satisfactorily in school (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and agree to treatment plan and commit to make all appointments on time.