To Our Amazing Molen Orthodontics Patients,
As Governor Inslee’s mandated closure of dental offices nears completion we have been preparing our offices and team for our anticipated reopening. As of today we are looking forward to a limited reopening beginning the week of May 18th. Please read this email in its entirety, as it will provide information on the next steps for our practice. Also please watch THIS VIDEO as it explains some of the changes we have made and will give you information on what to expect before, during and after your visit.
As we start to see patients in our office, our number one priority remains the safety of our patients, our team, and everyone’s families. Just as Washington will be reopening with a phased approach, we will also follow a similar method. We have been closely following CDC, OSHA, & ADA guidelines and will be adjusting our regular appointment flow to ensure proper safety precautions. Here are the important things to know:
- We understand that many of you have waited a long time for your appointment. It is our intention to see you, or your child, as soon as possible for an appointment. Initially, we will not be able to see the same number of patients as we usually do. This will allow for proper physical distancing and time for disinfection and sterilization. Don’t worry though – we will still provide the Molen Experience you’ve come to expect.
- Our scheduling team will be working to reschedule appointments on a first-cancelled-first-rescheduled basis. (For example, if you had an appointment on March 20th, you will be contacted before someone who had an appointment on March 30th). Please be patient with us as we work through our list of appointments that were cancelled during the office closures. There is no need to call us since our team will be proactively contacting you. Expect to receive an email or text prior to June 1st with your new appointment information. If you have not heard from us by 5:00 PM on June 1st, please call our office. We kindly ask you to not contact us for rescheduling purposes prior to that date. We have hundreds of appointments to reschedule, which we are sure you understand, is a huge undertaking. If the appointment date or time that we reschedule you for does not work with your schedule, please call us so we can find a time that works better.
- If your appointment is already scheduled for the week of May 18th or beyond there is no need to reschedule. Please plan on attending your appointment as previously scheduled.
- We also want to acknowledge the ‘elephant in the room’. The closure of our offices for 2 months will result in the extension of your orthodontic treatment time, since it is not possible to catch up on 8 weeks of cancelled appointments all at once. We will do our best to mitigate the impact of the closure on your treatment time but the reality is that the pause in active treatment will result in a delay.
- For the day of your new appointment the following protocols will be in place:
- The day before your appointment we will text or email you an appointment confirmation, a link to a short health screening questionnaire, and a phone number to text upon your arrival in our parking lot. The parking lot will now serve as our virtual reception area. When you text us you will be automatically placed in a virtual queue – so relax, recline your seat, and enjoy your radio. (If you or your child are feeling sick please call us and we’ll reschedule your appointment.)
- When it’s time for your appointment we will text you back and give you the greenlight to come in through our front door. There you will be greeted by one of our friendly concierges who will verify your questionnaire answers, give you a squirt of hand sanitizer, and a mask to wear inside if you didn’t bring your own. We will also be taking everyone’s forehead temperature using a non-touch thermometer when they enter the building – including our team and doctors. If your temperature reads at 100.4° or higher or you display respiratory symptoms, we will reappoint you and recommend that you see your medical provider.
- For our younger patients we kindly ask that only one parent or guardian accompany them into the office. For adult patients please plan to attend your appointments solo if at all possible. We will be asking everyone else in your party to wait in the car during the appointment.
- In addition, please note that our restrooms will be closed so please plan accordingly. Sadly our arcade, playroom, massage chairs, and coffee bar will also be temporarily closed. However, we will still be providing ice cream which can be ordered off our new ice cream menu.
- After checking in your clinician will walk you back to the clinic for your appointment. On your way back you’ll stop at the toothbrushing station to rinse with Colgate Peroxyl, a 1.5% Hydrogen Peroxide solution, which will help minimize any viruses that may be hitchhiking into the office. This means that our toothbrushing station will be temporarily closed to brushing & flossing so please brush at home before your appointment.
- Each of our clinical chairs are already spaced 6 feet, or more, from each other. Each chair will also be thoroughly wiped down with disinfectant that kills viruses, as has always been our protocol, before and after every patient. This includes all handles, keyboards, mice, and hard surfaces. In addition, all the hard surfaces in the office, including door handles, will be wiped down with disinfectant frequently throughout the day.
- During certain procedures that produce ‘dust’ and aerosols you will notice additional precautions being taken to capture the aerosols as they’re produced. You’ll also notice your team member and doctor wearing additional protections like a secondary gown and face shield during these procedures.
- When checking out we’ll happily print you an appointment slip upon request. Please remember to keep 6 feet of distance when standing near non-household members during the check-out process. If you use a pen, please keep it. We have plenty, and they really are great pens!
- Throughout your visit you’ll notice other small changes we’ve taken to ensure the protection of our family of patients.
- For parents of young children, please let them know that even though our procedures may be different than what they’re used to, our office will always remain the same friendly, fun, and easy-going place they enjoy coming to.
- One last thing – As you know, things have changed a lot during the past few months, and they continue to change frequently. The current plan outlined here is how we will begin our reopening process. We will change our approach as needed and will keep you informed of any changes as they occur. We will also post updates as needed to Facebook and Instagram.
On behalf of our entire team, thank you so much for your patience during this time. We are excited to see you again soon. We appreciate you working with us to make sure the care you and your loved ones receive at our office is as safe as possible. Thank you for your patience, understanding and support! If you have any questions, please reach out to us at info@MolenSmiles.com.
Drs. Bruce, Rick, Aaron, & Chris