Easy Weeknight Chicken Spaghetti – who says comfort food can’t be easy?
We are always on the go and the kids are always asking that dreaded question, “Mom, what’s for dinner?” Well, have no fear, here is a fun recipe you can prepare for that quick weeknight meal. Not only will the kids love it, but it’s also easy to eat if your kids have braces. This is the perfect meal for those sore teeth.
The use of pre-cooked chicken is the key, lopping off about 30 minutes of cook time.
You can use rotisserie chicken or Kirkland brand Grilled Chicken Breast Strips from Costco with good results. Recipe-ready chicken broth makes up for the lack of cooking water you would have it you were cooking the chicken from scratch.
You can further simplify the process by preparing Easy Weeknight Chicken Spaghetti ahead of time. Prepping the night before or in the morning makes the after-work scramble even less stressful.
Follow the steps up to baking, then store the assembled covered dish in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Remove the casserole dish from the fridge about 15 minutes before baking, remove the lid and pop the dish in the pre-heated oven.
Prep time: 15 mins | Cook time: 30 mins | Total time: 45 mins
EASY WEEKNIGHT CHICKEN SPAGHETTI
- 1 pound dry spaghetti, broken in half, then broken in half again
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1 can (10½ oz.) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10½ oz.) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- ¼ cup green pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 16 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, reserving ½ cup for later use
- 1 tsp. Lawry’s Season salt
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, combine the pre-cooked chicken breast, 2 cans of soup, green pepper, onion, chicken broth, cheddar cheese (don’t forget to reserve the ½ cup for later use) and Lawry’s Season salt. Mix well.
- Add cooked spaghetti to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with ½ cup of reserved cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Recipe can be assembled the night before or in the morning and refrigerated until ready to bake, making an even easier weeknight meal. Remove casserole from fridge about 15 minutes before baking. Bake as directed, allowing for additional baking time.
This is a great soft food recipe for braces. Easy to eat and soft on your teeth!