We recently published a post that answered a common question many adults have: “Am I too old for braces?” (Answer: no, you’re not). More and more adults are seeking orthodontic treatment for the health and cosmetic benefits. Many adults turn to the renowned doctors at Molen Orthodontics, who are known for designing natural-looking, beautiful smiles. The doctors achieve these dazzling Molen smiles often using the very effective Damon braces system. However, we see some adults who worry about wearing traditional braces and how they might impact their personal or professional image. Despite wanting a terrific smile, they’ve avoided getting orthodontic treatment simply because they don’t want to wear braces. That’s where the increasingly popular Invisalign system comes in.
For adult patients who want to get a straighter, more beautiful smile as discreetly as possible, Invisalign is a popular choice. It’s a great option for patients with crowded teeth, teeth that are too widely spaced, crossbite, overbite, underbite, and more. The Invisalign system is a series of clear, smooth, removable plastic aligners that fit comfortably on your teeth. Similar to retainers, patients wear the trays for at least 22 hours every day. The custom-fit aligners are switched out every two weeks, gradually and gently shifting the teeth into its new, spectacular, Molen-designed smile.
There are so many benefits with using the Invisalign system, it’s easy to see why so many adults are choosing it! Whether there’s a bride who’s wanting to get camera-ready for her big day, or a professional wanting to gain more self-confidence, Invisalign is often the best option.
Here are a few of the benefits that make Invisalign a great option for adults:
- They’re discreet – The clear plastic makes them virtually invisible. Don’t be surprised if many people don’t even realize you’re undergoing treatment!
- No diet restrictions – There’s no need to change your eating habits! Simply remove the brackets to eat as you normally would.
- Fewer doctor visits – With office visits only every four to six weeks, Invisalign fits easily into your busy lifestyle.
- They can be removed for brief periods – Need to take a headshot for your business cards? Pose for wedding photos? No problem! As long as you have them on for 22 hours, remove them briefly when necessary!
- Brush and floss normally – Since the aligners are removable, you can easily maintain your periodontal health by brushing and flossing as you normally would.
Invisalign results can be life-changing for many adults. Vicky K., a working professional who owns her own business in San Francisco, CA, says getting Invisalign treatment was a huge confidence booster: “Before Invisalign, one of the things that always kind of bothered me was my ability to present in front of a client because I was always self-conscious about how (my teeth) looked. You start wondering, ‘Do I look the part? Am I credible?’ You start doubting yourself over and over.” Since having Invisalign treatment to fix her smile, she says she has more confidence in everything she does.
If you want to have a radiant smile but haven’t even considered orthodontic treatment because you don’t wish to wear braces, Invisalign may be the perfect solution. At Molen Orthodontics, we’ll do a thorough review of the structures of your face, teeth, gums, bite and jaw, and from there, we’ll discuss whether Invisalign is the best option to fit your orthodontic needs.