Celebrities get paid to flash their gorgeous pearly whites on the red carpet, but many of them weren’t born with perfect smiles. Yup, even glamorous celebrities aren’t immune to crooked, misaligned teeth! In order to achieve those dazzling, megawatt smiles, many celebrities have had a little help with orthodontic treatment.
So who’s had a “tin grin” in Tinsel Town? Many of Hollywood’s A-listers wore braces in childhood, including stars like Angelina Jolie, Emma Watson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ryan Seacrest, Emma Stone, Miley Cyrus, Drew Barrymore, Britney Spears, Kate Hudson, Kendall Jenner and Cameron Diaz (to name just a few).
But braces aren’t only for kids! These famous folks prove that you’re never too old to get braces, opting to perfect their smiles with braces in adulthood:
- Tom Cruise – The actor and Scientologist decided to give his smile a makeover in 2002 after just turning 40 years old. He wore “invisible” braces with ceramic brackets, and wasn’t afraid to flash his braces and charming grin on the red carpet!
- Gwen Stefani – The glamorous rocker and style icon sported braces in 1999 at age 30. She told Harper’s Bazaar about how she had wanted braces for a long time: “I always told myself when I got rich, that’s the first thing I’d do.”
- Danny Glover – At age 59, the actor decided to straighten his teeth with clear braces.
- Khloe Kardashian – According to her dentist, the reality TV personality already had a beautiful smile but she chose to perfect her pearly whites with Invisalign in 2013 at age 28.
- Faye Dunaway – The Academy Award-winning actress proved that it’s never too late to improve your smile, opting to get braces at age 61. She told Daily Mail at the time, “Tom Cruise has them now so I’m right in style.”
- Nicolas Cage – The actor corrected his (lower) chompers with ceramic braces at age 39, reportedly between films.
- Faith Hill – The country star had braces as a child, but decided to give her smile a tune-up in 2013 at the age of 45. She told a Phoenix radio station: “I had braces as a kid. And I forgot to wear my retainer. Kids, wear your retainer!” Faith wasn’t afraid to flash her grin and show off her braces on the red carpet. She even tweeted, “Wear your braces proudly.”
- Cindy Crawford – The supermodel is a natural beauty, but her smile had a little assistance when she got braces in 1992 at age 24. She even rocked them in a Pepsi commercial!
- Heidi Klum – Another supermodel got camera-ready by perfecting her grin with braces.
- Kate Middleton – The Duchess of Cambridge had a little help from Invisalign braces to get that charming royal smile! The Duchess reportedly had the invisible braces installed at the back of her teeth, and wore them for six months before her 2011 wedding to Prince William.
Molen Orthodontics can help you achieve a red carpet-worthy smile!